Friday, June 22, 2007

ONE NIGHT IN ABU DHABI!!!

It was really great to experience different things in life... You have the chance to do everything as you want most especially when you own ur own time!

I was so happy last wednesday because our team will go to Abu Dhabi for another inventory moment! I was so excited that time and I called one of my bestfriend who is now in Abu Dhabi.... He is my elementary and high school best friend and since he's in Abu Dhabi for more than a year, we decided to meet!

I woke up so early and give my self a chance to prepare for this expedition. My friend Charles, Debbie and I decided to leave the accomodation house around 6:00am because we are afraid that we're not able to join this moment. I brought a new sleeveless clothes and my white pants for my evening party in Abu Dhabi.... I heard that the night life there is so wild so i decided to bring cool stuff for me to enjoy it very much and have the best of it....

In this moment of time, I wish that my special someone is with me so that we can enjoy to moment together and enjoy Abu Dhabi as a city that marks the map of the Globe. Anyway,
we arrived at the workplace around 6:30am... and around 6:35pm we leave the place and go to Abu Dhabi.... It was me, Charles, Pabs, Cid and our boss driving her car on our way to ABU Dhabi.

It was around 9am when we arrived at the Abu Dhabi Mall and we had few minutes rest and after that we did our job as usual. After an hour I called my friend and told him that I'm in Abu Dhabi that time and at least we have the chance to enjoy the city on the following day. Anyway, I feel so excited and great because I have this opportunity and i feel good about this.... I was so happy....

Well... around 9pm when I asked my boss if she will allow me to go around 11pm so that I can phone my friend and adjust his arrival.... But she refused!!! She said that I am not allowed to go because we still need to finish everything... We still need to finish the inventory.... and yes! we finished it... around 2:30am, friday. My friend and I is really pissed but i have nothing to do but to obey... its a job you know!!!!

I feel so sad but we should understand it... It is difficult if you are in a different country and its hard for you to do what you want to do especially when someone is holding you like a puppet!!!

One night in Abu Dhabi is kinda unforgettable.... Think the film TERMINAL.... when Tom Hanks is not allowed to go out to see the entire NEW YORK.... Thats what i felt that time.... A gayguy who cant go out because of the rules and etiquette of work.

1 comment:

Lonnell said...

I hope you do get the chance to return to Abu Dhabi! Its an amazing place. I dont like the idea of being strung like a puppet by a job. I hope this is a job you absolutely love. If not, I'm gonna ask you to pursue your purpose! Keep up the great blog!
Always stand in your light!